Happy Chinese New Year! I wish you a year filled with health, fortune, prosperity, and endless deliciousness! I’ve been kept busy with a secret project the last little while and I am excited to share the news with you at last. I compiled a small collection of family favourite Chinese recipes and the cookbook is now available at my store! Dessert By Candy Chinese Homestyle Dishes 思房菜 contains previously unpublished recipes as well as favourites from this blog. The softcover cookbook is filled with colour photos of the dishes. The recipes are written for North American kitchen and contain Chinese translation for key ingredients to make shopping easier. Cooking authentic Chinese dishes at home does not need to be an exotic experience and I will show you how.
For a taste of what to expect, here is the list of recipes in the cookbook:
- Steamed Barbecue Pork Bun
- Cucumber Five Spice Tofu Strands
- Shandong Shredded Chicken
- Soy Sauce Marinated Assortment
- Glutinous Fried Rice with Cured Meat
- Chicken & Beancurd Congee
- Zha Jiang Mian
- Stir Fried Broccoli & Chicken
- Portuguese Chicken Stew
- Braised Pork Chop in Tomato Sauce
- Steamed Turnip Cake
- Split Pea Coconut Pudding
- Baked Ginger Glutinous Rice Cake
- Beancurd Gingko Dessert Soup
- Steamed Kabocha with Lily Bulb
- Poached Pear with Snow Fungus & Jujube
- Black Glutinous Rice Dessert Soup
This is my first experience with self-publishing. As such, there will be a limited number of copies available for sale. My online store is now open! Free shipping is available to Canada and United States. I am currently looking into cost of shipping outside of North America. An eBook version is also in the works. Lots of exciting stuff are happening!
Thank you for your support over the years. You inspire me to keep learning, cooking, baking, and writing. I feel so lucky to be able to do what I love to do.